Saturday 24 September 2011

All Things Purple

Hi
today's theme is purple; I hope you like the selection that I have chosen for you, I have tried to make sure they are all different types of things.

I've decided to start you off with a famous poem, one of my favourites.



Warning
by Jenny Joseph


WHEN I AM AN OLD WOMAN I SHALL WEAR PURPLE
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit


You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes


But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.


But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.



Taken from the book
When I Am An Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple
Edited by Sandra Martz
Papier Mache Press--Watsonville, California 1987

Hope you enjoyed my poem, now for a little shopping, all the pictures have links where you can find not only the item, but a selection of other creations made by the same person - Happy Shopping

Purple Bon Bon Earrings created by Barton's Beautiful Bracelets (and other pretty things)  
 


Purple Gauntlets created by 

RASPberry Pics & Gifts


Deep Purple brooch created by Hanapea

 Purple Christmas Stocking    by yours Truly Perfect Patchwork


PURPLE AMETHYST necklace set  by Lucidity Jewellery
 

Purple theme handbag charm  by sk designs
 
For cold winters Purple scarf created by 

Cottage Crafts and Cards


 
How about a purple friend to cuddle  a Purple Bear   
 created by

Scruffy Stuff


   Some Wedding cards   http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=136446776425797&set=a.134974069906401.26078.133272663409875&type=1&theater  Created by jeerebella’s castle

 
 and our last one for today one of my personal favourites 

Embroidered Dragonfly storage baskets created by 

MinXtures clothing and accessories


I hope you've managed to spend a few pennies, and maybe get a couple of Christmas presents, come back soon for my next interview blog.

Signing off for now
Felicity

1 comment:

  1. Awe the purple bear is so cute.Lovely purple choices
    <3 dotty

    ReplyDelete