Wednesday 7 March 2012

Twit Twoo

Good Morning Folks

You may have noticed that I have recently ‘been on one’; well if not; here we go.

I saw some lovely Owls on the internet and decided to have a go at making some of my own.
I started off with what I thought would be an ok size, but was disappointed how small it came out.
It is really cute but very fiddly to make, so I decided to enlarge my pattern and have another go.
Colour choice was the main question, so I rummaged in my stash and found these Jade/Turquoise fabrics, so here we went again to see what the bigger one would look like. The bigger size came out at approx 7 inches tall, and I was generally happy with him.



Next to move on to some more, but again what fabrics?  My current favourites are Batik fabrics so I decided to see what combinations I could come up with. I found a lovely cream fabric that had some subtle changes in it; so decided to see what I had that would contrast well with the cream. This is what I came up with:




Once I had made the six I thought it was time to move on, but what next? Well it had to be more Owls because I just love them at the moment, so I decided it was time for Owl cushions. You may have seen that I have made one before.


The fabrics were quite subtle, so I decided to ‘go for it’ this time. This is the result:



Next was a compromise, not too bold, and not too subtle.


All of my Owls are available at the Creative-Connections CRAFTfest  and on my Website  (except one, which has already flown)

Well that was the end of the weekend, so had to stop sewing; but that hasn’t stopped me planning the next round; I have started it, but you’ll have to wait for the next blog to see what I came up with.

Signing off for now, back soon

F xx



3 comments:

  1. Thank you, I am toying with the idea of doing so slightly smaller ones, the first one I did only measured about 3 inches, and was too small, maybe something in between the 2 sizes.

    F xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your owls are lovely! I'm not surprised one has sold already, they will all fly away very quickly I think x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, if they fly very fast I will make some more, cos I'd miss them, they are all in my sitting room keeping me company!

    F xx

    ReplyDelete